Thursday, December 10, 2009

Everything Converges on a Hotel in New York

That blog post about the Dutchie-Wutchies -- bottom 1/2 of "Is It Poetry" post from December 1st -- coincidentally [interjection: maybe I meant "synchronistically"] arrives prior to my physical arrival in bi-polar disordered N.Y.C. (see two posts back).

It seems like I've got New York on my mind but not really. After all, it is a major U.S. cultural center. ...And, I'd visited a few times as a kid, later on as an artist.

Now I paint everything in terms of "capitalism."

Guess I'm still an artist.
* * *
Capitalism is a complex concatenation of various influences.
Everything converges on New York.
My third hotel suckes like all the others --- but the Grshwin H-tel duz provide me "American Quotations" (Wing Books, N. J., 1992 -- orig. 1988). It's a book, Okay? Includes this:

" Mad, adj. Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence; not conforming to standards of thought, speech and action derived by the conformants [sic] from study of themselves; at odds with the majority. In short unusual [try: different]. It is noteworthy that.....[etc.] "
-Bierce, 1906

No comments: